The Refrigeration Mechanic is responsible for the daily maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of refrigeration and air condition equipment in our Bakery and Logistics facilities. The ability to work off shifts and be on-call is required.
Essential Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs repairs such as changing motors, replacing bearings, belts, filters and charge refrigeration systems. Utilizes blue prints, manufacturers operating manuals or applies knowledge of equipment to devise appropriate repairs.
- Performs mechanical overhauls and refrigerant reclaiming. Tests lines, components, and connections for leaks. Adjusts or replaces worn or defective mechanism and parts and reassemble repaired systems.
- Troubleshoots electrical control circuits. Installs wiring to connect components to an electric power source.
- Disassembles malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical and pneumatic testing equipment. Brazes or solders parts to repair defective parts and leaks.
-Executes approved program on schedule maintenance and repairs (PM's).
-Maintains records of repairs and replacements made and cause of malfunction.
- Consults with service representative and others as necessary to accomplish installation of repairs.
- Performs necessary tests and water sampling and add chemicals to air conditioning systems as required.
- Supports GFSI and FSMA. Assists in ensuring that the SQF system is in place and that we are in compliance with all aspects of HACCP plan, SSOPs, and GMPs throughout the plant. Reports all food safety issues to an immediate supervisor.
- Supports an accident free work culture. When developing, or modifying production processes, assists in accident prevention and risk identification. Collaborates with HR/Safety Manager to minimize risk exposure from ingredients, equipment, or ergonomics.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of Trade School, State Certification preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience repairing and troubleshooting equipment in commercial/industrial environments required.
The successful candidates will be knowledgeable in methods to perform advance troubleshooting of refrigerant system, control systems and recapturing refrigerant, posses sound analytical skills, work with a sense of urgency to ensure all equipment is operating in like new condition, and have strong sense of customer service. Effective communication and interpersonal skills, self-motivated, the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, dynamic manufacturing environment and a continuous improvement mindset is essential for success in this position.